Friday, January 27, 2012

My thoughts


Tunnelvisie

It seems that nowadays, especially on a street-level, we are inclined to be shut off from our environment. We we've got a starting point and go from there to our end point without really caring what our environment signals us. Especially with our "smart" phones we can crop our landscape down to a few inch.
I would like to look for ways to crop/trim away in the environmental information. Maybe I might use already existing images to crop in or maybe I should make work that gives an abstract of our environmental information. No clue yet.







 



Talk to me

Graphic design communicates. Right? But how could something graphic communicate if it doesn't even follow the basic rule that communication is something that goes back and forth between two organisms. A work talks to me but the work doesn't get talked to back. And maybe the work would like to be talked back.
For this work I would like to watch if I can make printed work (new or already existing) asking to be talked back to. Maybe as if a poster is not limitless as is presented in our reader but more as a (fragile) person.




Gratis bellen
We get confronted daily with a lot of offers to more cheaply communicate with each other. It might be a really weird and non-progressive idea but isn't talking to people live and direct the cheapest (i guess free) way to communicate. But we traded our communication skills for supertexting finger speed and five-talks-at-a-time-attention-span. So maybe I could learn people again some of the basics again as [1] a way of confronting us with our "progression" and/or [2] engaging people more into contact on the street leven




Maar hoe dan

We're asked to be active participants and think about our (political) ideals for this assignment. But at the moment I don't have that strong ideals. The current young generation grew up with the results of fighting for ideals so totally missed out what ideals are and especially fighting for it means. I'm looking for a way to show my weak idealism(s).







1 comment:

  1. Hello Social Lover (I am guessing: Ruben?),

    Thanks for your proposals,
    Visually I think the first idea is very strong!
    And then again:
    I do like the interactive, requesting poster idea a lot, although it is not that visually inspiring i think. So ask yourself how to get that done.

    Make up your mind and propose final design on Friday pretty please!?

    ReplyDelete