Saturday, January 28, 2012

MARK ZUCKERBERG CHANGED MY LIFE


My message 'MARK ZUCKERBERG CHANGED MY LIFE' , is basically my response to the influence of Facebook in my life - and in the life of many others. A lot of times I get pretty annoyed when I find myself on Facebook, and I realise that I am wasting my time. I want to express this and make other people aware of this development in society.

Facebook became part of my daily life. It's amusing, and sometimes it's really nice, when you want to share things or get in touch with someone. You can click on 'like' when you like something. I mean, has it ever been so easy to express your feelings? But it's also a bit lazy, and shallow, it doesn't mean so much.

The sentence '... changed my life' was originally used to remember one of the most famous hiphop producers, J Dilla. When he died, people were wearing this shirt which says, 'J DILLA CHANGED MY LIFE', to show how much influence J. Dilla had on hip hop.

I was thinking to use elements from Facebook to make the poster, for instance the smileys. Also I want to use the red circle with the white 1 in it, which means you have one new message.

How I want to spread this is with a flyposting campaign. I will silkscreen posters and stickers and I will spread them around town, and I can send packages with this material to other cities, like Chaumont, to let other people spread the message as well.

2 comments:

  1. GOOO JELLE!
    I think it is clear and a strong idea, now show us in design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this reminded me your project

    http://thedailywh.at/2012/01/19/we-sleep-in-public-of-the-day/

    ReplyDelete